What do you do when a friend repeatedly blows you off?

Do you keep trying or just stop calling? If you stop calling and she doesn't notice until four months have passed do you bother to answer when she calls again?

ASunny

Asked by ASunny at 5:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• I usually take that as a subtle hint they dont want to be friends. I dont believe in forcing my friendship on people. If she called months later, I would probably talk to her but I wouldnt be on the edge of my seat wanting to be BFF's.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 5:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Do you want to be friends with her? If so just be there for her when she finds the time to get back to you. Life can get a bit crazy some times life can fly by and you not even realize it! I know it happens to me now that I have a family to care for.
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 5:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I would stop trying to get in touch with that person...And when that person finally called I would ask that person what happened to him/her..After that she/he would only here from me when he /she called me.Or seen me out some were.

Answer by louise2 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• It's happened to me in the past and I've also dont the same thing to people. I agree with jem.
    Anonymous

• I agree. Just let it be. If she phones be courteous but not like BFF's anymore. She has to know she crossed a line with you. If nothing comes up then just find yourself new friends.

DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Its hard to say. If its a friendship you really value i would send her a straight foward text asking her what was up, asking her why she keeps blowing you off and let her know you do appreciate having her as a friend. but as the old saying goes, the only people you need in your life are the ones that need you in theirs.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 5:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Some ppl get busy but yes I'd answer just to hear what happened

Answer by admckenzie at 6:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Heck I have long distance friends that are really busy. I used to get upset when I would call and they were busy. Now I don't sweat it, everybody gets busy and just can't talk sometimes. I still love them and they love me, we just keep in touch when we can. Sometimes I can't talk as much either.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:17 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I guess consider them as an acquaintance or non-close friend, and accept they have other things in their life going on, or just don't want to be hanging out/interacting with me and move on. I don't really care if those around me want to talk, or go out, sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't, and they know I've got a lot on my plate and am not trying to be mean but there are times where I just don't feel like dealing with anything but what I have going on and feel I shouldn't have to explain this to anybody. I have friends that we don't talk but every four months, and maybe see each other once a year, we live in other states and we both have family and responsibilities that take up much of our time and energy.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 6:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• That happens to me ALL the time. I just wait until one night they talk to me.. I wait for them though, my i care about the people i choose to be my friends, i've been friends with them since jr high. And i understand that sometimes a friendship isn't right for some people at times of their lives. I've been through it, and they waited for me for years, I only have to wait maybe weeks at the most before my friends get back with me..
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 7:52 PM on Mar. 16, 2009