How Soon?

My DS is 7 months old today and has been sitting really good for about two months and has been crawling for about a month, He is now pulling up on things. How long after they start doing that will they start standing and walking? No hurry just wondering.

TristansMommy16

Asked by TristansMommy16 at 5:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Every baby is different. Standing and "cruising" usually starts between 7-10 months, and walking can range anywhere from 8-18 months. My son started walking along the couch and everything the day he turned 7 months old, and he started walking at 9 months. He's 11 months now and is trying to run... LOL.
    parkersmama08

Answer by parkersmama08 at 6:40 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Kaylee has been "cruising" (i.e. using the coffee table, couch, ect. to assist with walking) since 7 months, but just last weekend (at 10 months) she took her first unassisted step.

Just like with everything else, it just depends on your baby. They all come around at different rates, but I hear that the average that they start walking is 10-13 months.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:00 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• my son is 12mths and has been pulling up for some time now.I think its between 12 and 16 months old is when they start walking, but dont have very good balance until about 18 months. And you really just have to help them stand up.Show him and give him stuff to go after.He'll get it!
    Anonymous