ok am 37 weeks pregnant and i want to get my labor started

am 26 years old am 37 weeks pregnant and i want to get my labor started because i am having a c section and the doctor told me if i go into labor i can try a v bac and if not i have to have a c section and its my third c section and i want another baby in a few years i know there suppost to be in 40 weeks but its my last chance

mommietomyfive

Asked by mommietomyfive at 6:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• DO NOT DRINK CASTOR OIL!!!! It can cause sever contractions that will rupture your uterus. Now, you can try sex, but you need to get the "happy ending" You can try nipple stimulation, or you can try walking, rearranging the living room(I did that! LOL) jumping jacks(just support the belly!), or going on a really bumpy car ride.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 7:48 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• OK, I totally don't get the last part of the question.

What does having another C-section have to do with you wanting another baby in a few years?

To answer the first part of the question...well, let me ask you a question first: When was your last doctor's appointment (or your next one)? Ask him if you're dialated or effaced, because if you're not, then there's really nothing you can do to 'speed up labor'. There's not much you can do now, except have sex.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 6:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• There is NOTHING you can do to jump start your labor if your body is not ready.
    Anonymous

• drink castor oil, have sex, eat spicy food..i don't know if they all work but i've read that they help
    Anonymous

• do lots of walking thats the best
    attitude2776

Answer by attitude2776 at 6:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Unless your body is ready to go into labor, nothing is going to help...you can try walking to see if that will help stimulate contractions, try nipple stimulation, etc, but unless baby is ready to come out, your body won't react. I'm guessing your doctor isn't one that's encouraging about VBACs?
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 6:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• HAVE SEX
    Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 6:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2009