5-6 year age difference between kids?

Does anyone have a 5-6 year age difference between there children?If so how do you like it and do you wish you would of done it differently?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• I am a product of a 5-6 year age difference, and at first I didn't like it, because they always wanted ME to keep him occupied and I don't think that's fair.

However, when we got older, my brother told me he really appreciated me and he feels like I did most of his raising. It drives my mother crazy.

I have kids who are 9-10 years apart. They love eachother and my oldest said he can't wait until the youngest goes to school so that he can pick him up and show him college and play sports in front of him. The youngest adores his older brother. So I got lucky. Plus, my oldest is A HUGE help when I need an extra set of eyes/ears/hands.

I do want my next child to be closer in age though. Cause it's stressful "starting over"
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 6:28 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My kids are 7 years apart and i wouldn't change it at all. I did not have to deal with jealousy. My son LOVES being a big brother and teaching his little brother things. He loves watching him grow and loves playing with him. He gets very excited when he does new things. My son is also old enough to understand how to hold the baby, touch the baby, when mommy needs to get things done. He will play with his brother while I'm in the shower, etc.
    Anonymous

• My sister and I are 5 years apart me being them oldest and it is fine for us, and my daughter and son are 6 years apart and I like having them spaced out honestly its much much easier on me to not have two kids in diapers and one that is in school it allows me to have more one on one time with my son during the day and more with her in the evenings
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 6:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I actually have 10 and 13 years between my oldest two and my youngest. Would I change it? Heck no!
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 6:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I have a 12, 6 and 5 yr old... They are all boys and the 12 and 6 yr old hate each other but the 12 and 5 yr old get along great.... I have no idea what age difference would be perfect... I think by nature kids argue, fight etc... And then they are the best of friends, it's one of lifes great mysteries,lol
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 6:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• There are 5 ys between my first and second and 8 yrs between my first and third...they are all super super close. I love it just the way it is. I also have two that are only 13 months apart and it is rough but I am sure it will work out fine when they are older.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:35 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My son will be 6 next month and I'm pregnant with our second. We shall see....but I forsee nothing but great things as my son has been asking for a baby bro or sis for sometime now. He's also very loving and LOVES babies. He will stop any baby in the street to play with him/her. I don't regret waiting...me and my husband both work full time and could not have done it back to back. My son is independant and will be a great help.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 12:59 PM on Mar. 17, 2009