my son is potty trained except for bms

he just hides and goes in his pants. he knows what he is supposed to do and knows he will get a great reward if he goes in the potty. he has no trouble going pee he even makes it all night just fine. he is four and its really embarresing... ive tried catching him in the act but then he wont go on the toilet still ! I also have a 5 month old so I cant just follow my son around 24/7 waiting for the bm!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Here is what I would do, I had a similar problem with my 5th child, not quite the same, but close. At 4 he understands you just fine, so it isn't a lack of communication.

I would sit down with him and let him know that since he won't poop in the potty we are going to have to put him back into pull-ups or diapers. Babies pooh and pee in diapers big boys do it in the potty, since he isn't ready to be a big boy then diapers it is. If that isn't enough to "scare" him onto the potty put him in one and when he poop's leave him in it for a while....not long enough to give him a rash just enough to make him uncomfortable. Keep doing it until he comes around and starts using the potty.

I know it's hard having a 5 month old, I have 7 kids so I get it, but you are going to have to be persistant in order to change it.

GOOD LUCK!!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 7:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2009