Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I had an emergancy c section at 36 weeks with my first child. it was a bikini cut, so i was really hoping for a normal delivery this time around but doctor says "no way". well, im 31 weeks as of this past saturday and im just wondering is the doctor gonna scheduel me at 40 or 38 weeks for my c section. if there is any one that has gone through this or is going through it or just happens to know , your input is greatly appreciated. thank you.

 
mommyjalomos

Asked by mommyjalomos at 6:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • When I had mine two of them were at 38 wks and the last one was only 4 days before my due date because my OB was on vacation (I was sweating that one!)
    branda32

    Answer by branda32 at 7:00 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

  • Have you asked your doctor why he won't consider a VBAC?

    What was the reason for your previous C-section?

    I've had 2 C-sections, but was offered a VBAC.
    .Peaches.

    Answer by .Peaches. at 6:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

  • They usually want to schedule it earlier. They will monitor you to make sure the baby is developed. I had an ultra sound and was scheduled for an amniocentesis, but they said there wasn't enough fluid left for the amnio, so they scheduled me for the next week. Which was only one week early than my due date.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

  • THEY WONT GIVE ME A VBAC CECAUSE MY FIRST CHILD'S CORD WAS VERY SHORT. THE REASON THOUGH FOR MY EMERGENCY C SECTON WAS THAT MY WATER HAD BROKE AND I HAD NO WATER LEFT AT ALL.
    mommyjalomos

    Answer by mommyjalomos at 6:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

  • It sounds like to me that your OB has been looking at your medical history and has decided against having a VBAC based on the reason for both your C-sections.

    You're not always going to be offered a VBAC, esp. if there was some kind of medical reason you needed a previous C-section.

    That being said, you can always ask your OB why he won't consider it. It probably won't get him to change his mind, but at least you'll know.
    .Peaches.

    Answer by .Peaches. at 6:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

  • I would look for a different doctor that will let you have a vbac.
    kemclaughlin

    Answer by kemclaughlin at 6:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2009