How do other mothers pump at work? I am pumping at work since I will be a breastfeeding mother.

I am nursing, and want to know some details.

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 6:24 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My sis said pump or feed right before leaving for work. The at work go to bathroom or private room for 15-20 mins. Put on headphones, and think o baby or look at picture of baby. It helps relax you. She said invest in a double pump, the expense is well worth it. Then pump every 2-3 hours, try ang o closer to 3 so you only pump 2-3 times at work. Nurse or pump immeidately after coming home, and use post partum to get baby on feeding schedule.Talk to employer ahead of time and get pumping arrangements in writing.
    Something else that may help, after 4 weeks, at 5 weeks, every other feeding, pump and then put it in bottle, so baby can get used to others feeding it from a bottle.
    Drink and eat a little something while pumping. Use a straw if neccesary for ease.
    Sorry, I never worked after dd came, so I had to ask her! LOL She really wouled know though, she worked and bf with all three of her kids, and will do it with #4 too.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 6:58 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 8:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2009