Can you help me out with Disney Resort info....

A travel agent is calling me back with some quotes. There is a deal, stay 4 nights, get 3 free. Would we need tickets all the days we are there? I figured we'd go with the package (have 4 days worth of tickets) and then hang at the Disney resort the rest of the time. What is standard when you stay at a resort? She made it sound like you HAD to have tickets each day you stayed...Does that sound right? We are a family of 5, she said we had to stay at a moderate resort, not a standard (more $$), does that sound right too? Thanks!

Teachermom01

Asked by Teachermom01 at 6:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Travel

• The special may include the rule that you have to have tickets for each day, I can believe that- it gets them more money. And I can also believe that they'd make you stay at the moderate resorts, too. But you can find out for yourself by going to the disney site... google it for the address- I think it is disneyworld.disney.go.

Answer by Bmat at 6:32 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I just went to the Disney website (www.disneyworld.com) and it lists that deal...buy 4 nights and get 3 free. It includes FREE tickets. You better check out the website and steer clear of that travel agent. Also the reason why you can't get a room at the value resort is because the max. occupancy in their rooms is 4. They only have standard size motel rooms there. The moderate resorts have bigger rooms and more sleeping options. You can make all of your reservations right there on the website, buy all the tickets that you want on the website, all of it except air fare. When we go we do it all through the website or sometimes call the Disney guest services number (they are super super nice). We usually go a couple times a year and stay over a few days. If you have anything I can help you with let me know. Anything for a friend!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• check out mousesavers.com they have great deals and ideas usually. Its been a few years since we went so I haven't checked out the site recently.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• www.allearsnet.com is a good site and AAA travel is good. othere than taht I would check into direct booking with Disney!!! They do have some deals! The childrens ages make a difference on activities.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 3:38 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• that package comes with tickets for all 7 days. you DO NOT have to use all the tickets. you can purchase the no experation option once you are there and then you can use the other days left on another trip. you also do not have to stay in a moderate deppending on the age of your kids? if your 5th family member is under the age of 3 yuo can stay at a value and that child can be in a pack n play and not counted as a 5th. also all stars music ( value) reort has suites that can hold up to 6 people if your youngest ( 5th) family member is older then 3. i would go to www.magicaljourneys.com and request a quote. theya re very well trained in Disney and they will find the cheapest way for you to go. they do not , however, book flights that is on you. They are free and they also monitor for any other discounts that may come your way and they will add it for ya.
    Disneymom1218

Answer by Disneymom1218 at 12:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2009