What were your experiances during birth?

I know every mother is different. My placenta is lower and it should be higher but I am only 16 weeks and 2 days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Im in the process of typing out my birthing story. It should be done by tonight, i'll post when it is :)

Except for my weight gain (which was normal but still hard on me) everything was great. Giving birth though.. my problems were the doctors and nurses who were totally against natural child birth. They were mean and rude, not respecting my wishes. I never ripped or tore, my baby was a good size and everything worked out ;)
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 7:07 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Mine was also low for most of my pregnancy but I got lucky and its move well before I gave birth. I know this sounds weird but I didn't think I was I labor I laid at home and slept for a lot of it. I had hurt in my pelvic and hip area for most of my pregnancy so hurting in my hips was nothing new ad that's where all my pain was. I got to the hospital at a 3-4 and progressed really fast from there. In my opinion it wasn't that horrible I would do it over again anytime lol. the pain wasn't that bad. they even had to turn my epidural off at a 9 since my sons heart rate dropped. for me it wasn't that bad for but some women say its the worse pain ever but its different for everyone. you want know til you go threw it. good luck
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Yeah, a lot of times they say it's low at the beginning and it corrects itself. It only seems to worry people unnecessarily. The uterus doesn't grow entirely evenly so it could very easily not be too low once you're to term. As for my birth... pregnancy was normal, everything normal. I had a doula and no meds and I labored at home for 36 hours, went to the hospital to find I wasn't a bit dilated and baby hadn't dropped, I got epidural (so I could sleep) and pitocin (to help get baby down)... none of it worked and I ended up with a c-section at 48 hours. It was traumatic because I had dreamed up this perfect natural birth... You have lots of time. My advice is try to keep a positive attitude, trust your body, but then think about letting go of control too. Try to imagine your ideal birth and also try to imagine how you'll react if it isn't perfect. Try to deal with some of those potential emotions before the journey begins
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2009