Why do CS receivers respond the way they do?

I don't want to fire anyone up, I just want a real reason because me personally couldnt even justify taking a large amount of my ex's money. Only a reasonable amount I would ask for. Whenever someone asks a question about their SO or DH's CS it seems like alot of women get offended and tell the OP to suck it up , and get over it and blah blah blah, but I often wonder if these wmen have been on the otherside in the other position. But anyways I just want to know why some women get so defensive about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• OMG I so understand exactly what you are saying and I feel the same way, I have a daughter from a previous relationship and I never once have asked her father for a dime because I dont want it, however my DF just got a letter in the mail saying that there is now a judgement against him to pay his ex $2000.00 a MONTH! for his two other kids when he only makes about that a month and we have our son to support too! UGH it makes me sick, his ex's spitefulness is exactly why this is happening in her own words she has said you either be with me and be a family or be broke, so now he is just going to try and get full custody of the kids which he should since he is the more stable parent
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 7:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• because they get the money those greedy beasts they think they have a right to his money because "their" kid was there before you were. its bogus to me.
    Anonymous

• if he only makes around 2000 a month she cant take more than half of it. its a law
    Anonymous

• Well what happend there was she had no idea how much he made at his new job (which is less then he was making at his old one) and she filled out the papers wrong, really the whole thing makes me sick how do the even expect you to live if they take that much from you
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• he can file for modification , that much i do know!
    Anonymous

• Here's how I've always looked at child support: it's the same money he always spent on the child, he just didn't see it when they were married, b/c it all went into one account and was spent as needed; now it comes out in basically one huge chunk. With that said, (and I am one that is supposed to get child support, but my ex doesn't pay), I've always felt the way it should be determined is to take the set bills that must be paid each month, like rent and electric, divide them by # of people in that house (example: mine is me and two kids, so divide them by 3), then add that 2/3 that is for the kids together. Take a set amount for food (determined by the court) per child, multiply by 2, do that for all the bills, total all of that up, then divide in half. One half is his child support. So, let's say, the total of all of rent, electric, food, childcare, gas to run them around, etc. is 1000, roughly. con't...
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:32 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• He'd be paying $500 a month for 2 kids, which I think is pretty reasonable. Plus, that would eliminate the mom from getting extra money that she would not spend on the kids, b/c it would all be based on provable expenses. There would have to be allowances for clothing, unexpected medical, and such, but I've always thought that would be the best way to do it. That eliminates the mom getting child support and complaining it's not enough, and eliminates dad complaining that she's taking everything he's got. I know my theory is pretty simplified, but I think it would work, if the courts would use it, and people would quit being so greedy.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:36 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Because they are trying to support their children. Maybe YOU couldn't justify it, but that my dear is your opinion. Tell that to moms that have several children and are trying to buy school supplies, clothes, bags, lunches, etc.. etc... Men need to face up to their responsibilities. Hey ya know what.. actually I think this post is from a trolling man....
    Anonymous

• i never said that i didnt want him to pay child support, and I am not a man. And if my SO wasnt facing up to his responsibilites he would be in jail and his CHILDREN wouldnt be cared for. I know its my opinion and thats the opinion of a person who is NOT greedy and knows that she also helped make the child. Stop making women sound like victims, they arent.
    Anonymous

• I agree with you tropicalmama, I wish it was done that way and your right it would totally eliminate the greed that happens in these sort of things, if my DF pays her as much as the court ordered him to right now she wouldn't have to work at all because $2000.00 is more than she makes in a month, its funny because if she was hurting so bad for things then I dont she would be talking about buying herself a new car (like she recently had) when she doesn't need it, especially because my DF's ex lives with her parents pays no rent and has no bills except for her current car payment, the whole thing pi$$es me off more than anything
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 7:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2009