Switching formula

my daughter is 3 1/2 months old and has been eating similac sensitive. I want to switch to the advanced similac formula. How should I do this? Will it effect her?

Kaitlyn0816

Asked by Kaitlyn0816 at 6:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You could try alternating them, if you feel it will effect her, you could add in one or two bottles of the advanced a day, until you know it is not bothering her. I just switched it up all together though, I gave her the first bottle with the new formula, and she didn't seem uncomfortable or bothered by it , so I kept going with it, mt baby doesn't have a sensetive stomach though.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 7:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• ok dont alternate them seriously think about taht will make her stomache more upset!!!!!!!!!!! i have had to do this a few times when running low on money i had to buy cheap formula and honestly i had no problems with it my girls didnt get fussy upset stomach or ne thing but i think that can happen gas drops if you have to !! just make the switch and she prob wont even notice honestly
    ashleystoner86

Answer by ashleystoner86 at 7:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I have been told on day one you do 1/4 the formula you want to switch to and 3/4 her reg formula
    day two is half and half
    and day three is 3/4 formula switching to and 1/4 reg formula
    and day 4 is the formula you switched to 100%
    and when I say 1/4 I dont mean like 1/4 of her feedings I mean 1/4 of the formula in each bottle
    Personally I never did it this way but thats because my son started on reg formula and would get horribly sick and had to be switched (AND FAST I might add) to a more gentler one until he was on a completely elemental formula. If your babys tummy is sensitive my girlfriend swears by Parents choice organic formula. Its much cheaper doesnt smell and is easy on super sensitive tummies
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 7:47 PM on Mar. 16, 2009