Maybe I'm old fashion...

but when did sex become a part of normal dating rituals...Mi niece is 14 and told me she is having sex and tells me that this is normal for kids her age!!! What the heck? when I was 14 I would have never dreamed of having sex. I know times have changed but when did this change happen? What have I missed?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 6:57 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• This changed shortly before women started having "baby daddies" instead of husbands.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:10 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I know that more and more "kids" are having sex, the one's that are not, are the one's brought up not to accept that as normal.
    Anonymous

• i didn't have sex until i was 17 and i was with the guy over a year before i did. girls are too loose nowdays and act like sex isnt special its a shame.
    Anonymous

• yes, I know this. my dh is a teacher and he comes home and tells me some seriously disturbing stories pretty much weekly.

i am scared for my children. We are raising them the best way we know how. But how can you be sure you are doing enough? Scary.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• this question seriously made me cry all i have to say !!!!!!!!!!!!
    ashleystoner86

Answer by ashleystoner86 at 7:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Hence all the teen pregnancies.... They just don't know how to zip it up and put it away. I saw this show coming out about guys telling girls exactly how they feel.... I liked what this one guy said.... Honey, it doesn't take much to make a man sleep with you because anyone will do that.. It's takes a heck of a lot more to put that ring on your finger... LOL! I LOVE IT! SO TRUE.... Do you want sex and babies with no man or it all???? I
    Anonymous

• I was having sex at 12 , granted I have only now been with 2 men and 1 woman lol I am rasing my kids old fasion!

Anonymous

• I gues I'm old fahioned too, then! I tell my kids about all the consequences of pre-marital sexual activity: unwanted pregnancy, clamidia warts,herpes,as well as little bugs that you could contract (crabs).Then there's AIDS,the worst nightmare side effect out there! I wish someone would sit down with these kids and scare the crap out of them!! They need to be scared to death of having sex, so that they don't fall into the trap and suffer the consequences...
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 7:25 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Teens are much more casual about sex now, if you really want a shock ask if they consider oral sex sex. My 16 year old and all his friends have told me that it is NOT sex and President Clinton taught them that! I tell him all the time that it is, sex is right there in the name!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I'm not very old and I'm old fashioned too I guess, lol. It will be frowned upon in this household and won't be considered "normal".
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2009