preterm labor and dealing with it

I'm 32 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child and I have about 7 to 8 contractions an hour but my cervix doesn't open and I'm spotting I only use 1 pad a hour and for the last 2 weeks I have had a 102.2 fever off and on and my doctor says there is nothing to worry about and she put me on a calcium blocker to stop the contractions but it puts me to sleep and I work at a call center and dealing with upset customers makes my contractions stronger cause I'm under stress but my doc won't put me on bedrest cause my cervix doesn't open and she tells me there is nothing I can do but everything online says bedrest will help and I wanted to know what people think

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• What does your bedrest have to do with your cervix? Thats b.s. and I would be so upset with my doctor.
    Anonymous

• see if you go into labor you baby will prolly only weigh 3 pounds 11 ounces.
    thats why he wants to put off labor But i would def. call him/her (your doctor) and tell them you
    have a fever and maybe you could take a leave from work for a couple days and rest your body.
    Anonymous

• You need to see a different doctor. I cannot believe a woman at 32 weeks with a fever as spotting should be working!! At the very least, you should be home on "modified" bed rest. I'm surprised you are not in the hospital!!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2009