Birth control question.

Have any of you used a spermicidal Jelly or foam? If so, how do you like it and how effective is it?

Rebecca7708

Asked by Rebecca7708 at 7:36 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Health

• My hubby and I have used the foam on top of birth control pills. As an added precaution it is very effective but as the only type I do not think that it is very effective. I think when I researched it it was only around 85% effective. I thought that it would be listed right on the packaging but it was not. My dh enjoyed it because he did not have to use a condom and I like the idea because I am not taking hormones. Be sure to follow the directions closely and wait the alloted time before engaging in sex.
    Anonymous

• If you are not trying to get pregnant, i wouldn't recommend using it. I got pregnant once that way
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 8:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I was on the DEPO shot and loved it!!
    heatherk77876

Answer by heatherk77876 at 10:19 PM on Mar. 16, 2009