• In the Spotlight:

Any good meatloaf recipies?

I mean~ goooooood ones :)

nikkileerue

Asked by nikkileerue at 7:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I don't really have a recipe, but I always put in cheese-either cheddar or Velveeta- and either BBQ sauce or A-1. of course the "regular" stuff, onion, pepper, egg, crackers or bread crumbs, salt, pepper, oregano, and DS swears no matter what way I make it it is always the "best ever"
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• What I do is pretty simple. A couple eggs, some breadcrumbs, seasonsed salt, onion and garlic powder, tomato paste or/and tomato sauce. MIx together, bake at 350 until done....always yummy
    purplemoosemom

Answer by purplemoosemom at 8:37 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Mines not a specific special recipe, but I like to make meatloaf muffins by using a muffin tin instead of a meatloaf pan. They only take about 30 minutes to cook and come out ready to put on a plate and eat!
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 8:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• ooooh~ i never thought of a muffin pan :) thanx for the suggestion
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 8:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I make a yummy, healthy turkey meat loaf. My hubby says its the best meat loaf he's ever had. It is slightly spicy though due to the picante sauce in it.

Combine 1 lb ground turkey with 4 egg whites, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 4 oz old fashioned oatmeal, 1 cup sauteed onion, 1 cup tomatillo salsa, 1 envelope Lipton vegetable soup mix. Mix well. Place in a meatloaf pan cover the top with either 1/2 cup ketchup or 1/2 cup tomatillo salsa. Bake at 350 for an hour and a half.

We usually serve it with mashed potatoes and corn.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Italian Meatloaf

1 lb lean ground beef
    1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
    1 cup breadcrumbs, italian seasoned
    1/2 cup onion, chopped
    2 large eggs
    16 ounces spaghetti sauce (I use Prego)
    1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
    6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
    4 slices provolone cheese, cut in 1" strips

Directions
    1 In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients (preferably by hand).
    2 In a baking dish 9"x5"x2", layer 1/2 of the mixture.
    3 Put 1/2 of the Mozzarella cheese and all the mushrooms on top of this layer, and 1/2 of the sauce.
    4 Put the other 1/2 of the meat mixture on top of this and then cover with the remaining sauce and Mozzarella.
    5 Place in the oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
    6 At the last 5 minutes or so, place the Provolone cheese on top.
    7 Let stand for 5 minutes to settle and cool.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• The muffin pan is a really cute idea!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• It's also fun to make it in the muffin tins, then put mashed potato "frosting" and corn or diced beets "sprinkles" - meatloaf cupcakes!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:58 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I also do the mini muffin pan to cut the bake time in half but I have an easy good recipe too.

1 lb. burger
    1 box of savory herb stuffing mix
    1 cup water
    one egg (not necessary but I like it better this way)

Mix together and make into 12 balls, after you set the balls into the mini muffin cups use the back of a spoon to make indents on the top. Fill the top with barbecue sauce. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and bake 5 minutes more or until melted.

If you use a regular loaf pan bake for one hour.
    Alicia1212

Answer by Alicia1212 at 10:54 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Actually I make a cranberry meatloaf. It is really good. Most people wrinkle their nose up at it till they try it. If you want the recipe then email me and I will send it to you.
    mlwharton05

Answer by mlwharton05 at 3:49 PM on Mar. 17, 2009