My 4 month old son has GERD and we havent done anyhting up until now but it seems to be getting worse because this is the peak for it is there anything anyone has done that seemed to help?

MoMMyto2971

Asked by MoMMyto2971 at 7:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• medication and starting solids (if their tummies tolerate it) and sleeping in an inclined position so their heads and chest are elevated
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 7:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• what is gerd
    Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 8:07 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• ours is the same, he was going thru the worst of it and we took him to a specialist. we started him on solids and he is on prilosec and zantec which really seemed to help.
    Mgirly84

Answer by Mgirly84 at 8:07 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My pedi refused to give me meds for my oldest so we just did solids. It really helped.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:11 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• make an appointment with a pediatric gastroentrologist. we did for our DD. they sent her for an upper GI xray to make sure her digestive system was free of abnormalities and provide a stool sample to test for infection. plus they put her on zantec, which has been on the market for over 30 years and is safe for babies.

my DD has been sleeping on an incline for about five months now. we got the incline wedge from babies r us for fifteen bucks. it helps, but isn't a cure for reflux.

good luck! :)
    rachelsmommy78

Answer by rachelsmommy78 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• If it's bad enough, medication. Keep in mind that if it's really bad, his stomach acid can damage his esophagus.  Have him evaluated.

kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2009