help

my son wont stop pooping lol he has diahrea any way of stoping diarhea

Mamaof2010

Asked by Mamaof2010 at 7:59 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• BRAT diet. Google it.
    mommacierra

Answer by mommacierra at 8:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• i think he is sick or teeth becuase the last 2 nights he had a fever (ONLY AT NIGHT)
    Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• the BRAT diet will still help. Also pedialyte or gatorade and water to help him stay hydrated. Tylenol. Also if he starts to get red or a rash from the poop stop using wipes and use a warm washcloth instead. If you feel he is not eating or drinking enough definitely give his pediatrician a call. Better safe than sorry. Hydration is most important though.
    mommacierra

Answer by mommacierra at 8:10 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• If your baby has diarrhea and a fever, you need to get to the doctor. Many people believe that teething can cause diarrhea and fever but I disagree. So does our pediatrician. When babies are teething, they are putting everything within reach in their mouths. Chances are, at least one of those objects has some kind of germs on it, right? Just a thought and if you disagree, that's ok too. Even if the fever is only at night, coupled with diarrhea, I would feel better seeing a doctor about it if I were you.
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 8:19 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• definately take the child to the doctor, fever and diarhea can be signs of more serious childhood illness.
    gammiej

Answer by gammiej at 8:41 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Call the doctor- chances are with that much diarhea and fluids coming out - he is not keeping enough fluids in. He could get dehydrated. It could be the sign of a serious illness and should not be taken lightly.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Well i took him the other day to the ER and they said it was nothing just becuase the Fever was only a Few Hours....so imma call his pedi,,,,tommrow
    Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 9:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• A friend of mine swares that canned pumkin will do the trick. I have not yet had to use it but she has a 5 year old she said it worked great for.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 9:27 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• my son did the same thing. it is a viral bug but just make sure he is hydrated. my son started puking also and we ended up in the hospital for two days because he got dehydrated despite my best efforts.
    proudmama1207

Answer by proudmama1207 at 10:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2009