Any good brownie variation ideas?

I have to make brownies for my sons high school hockey banquet and want to do something easy, but more than plain old brownies. I am thinking rocky road but was thinking maybe some plain, some rocky road then something else. I am also thinking of cutting them with a round cookie cutter so they look like little pucks but DS says that's corny, what do you think?

goaliemom93

Asked by goaliemom93 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• That all sounds good to me. Sometimes I add a little mint or orange extract to them. It gives a little different taste to them, and it's a surprise since you can't see it. Or I sometimes add Andes mints to it, or put them all over the top while the brownies are still hot, and they kind of melt and make a minty frosting. You could add some butterscotch or caramel chips to them, too, for something different.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Take brownies, chocolate pudding, whipped cream.

Layer them in a glass bowl (it looks pretty) lol

Usually you can get two layers of each thing and finish with cream on top.

Crumble up butterfingers on the top. I have also put mini m&m's on top too, they are pretty b/c they kind of melt and make the cream colorful.

People BEG me for this and it is sooooo easy.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• take choc chip cookie dough and put it on the bottom of the pan,
    add just a splash of vanilla and hot sauce to the brownie mix and cook as usual

The hot sauce makes them more moist but make sure it's just a splash :)

THEY ARE DELICIOUS!!!!
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 8:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Here is a nice twist on brownies, Blondies http://www.celebrations.com/content/Blondie-Brownies
    or try these Rocky Road Brownies http://www.celebrations.com/content/Rocky-Road-Brownies-Revolutionary-Road
    JenCelebrations

Answer by JenCelebrations at 9:10 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Cream cheese brownies are my favorite.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cheesecake-Brownies/Detail.aspx

REALLY YUMMY!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:17 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• When the brownies are done dump a bag of butterscotch or peanut butter (if no allergies) chips on top, place back in the oven for 5 minutes. Take out & spread with a spoon/spatula. Let cool completely before cutting.

You can also do this with any cake.
    ba616

Answer by ba616 at 9:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Add cutup snickers bars or milkyway bars. I think it would be cool to cut into circles like a hockey puck. Be careful with peanuts or other nuts in case someone is allergic to nuts.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:27 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• SLOWLY melt a couple sticks of butter and add brown sugar, wisking continuously until a syrup is made... it's homemade caramel, and if you drizzle that on top... MMmmmm. my mom sometimes puts on a layer of marshmallow cream then the caramel mixture...

can't go wrong!!!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:59 PM on Mar. 16, 2009