What do you use to clean your child's pack-N-play

I'm in desperate need to find out what to use to clean and remove smell from my daughters pack and play. She had terrible diarrhea one day last week and ever since then her pack and play wreaks of it. We use this often and can not have it smelling and buying a new one right now is NOT an option. So what are the best things to use to remove stain and smell.?

KeepMovingOn

Asked by KeepMovingOn at 8:10 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• Vinegar is a good neutralizing agent. Use a 1/2 water, 1/2 vinegar mixture in a spray bottle and let it dry out in the sun (after you have cleaned it of course because vinegar won't necessarily clean it, it will just take out the smell). It smell pretty vinegary to begin with, but by the time it dries it will be smelling...um...non diarrhea-eee...lol
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 8:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I use that clorox everywhere disinfectant spray
    MrsDeputy

Answer by MrsDeputy at 8:15 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• oh and it works fabulous!
    MrsDeputy

Answer by MrsDeputy at 8:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Also put it out in the sun one day, it will help kill the germs. Even if it is cool then put it out in direct sunlight. GL!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I was going to say vinegar also. And totally agree with putting it out in bright sunlight since sunlight is like a natural bleach.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I use SNAP disinfectant.
    MOTIVESMOMMY

Answer by MOTIVESMOMMY at 9:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• i use disinfectant wipes.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 10:07 PM on Mar. 16, 2009