Anyone else?

So I'm 39wks and I was worried about my daughter so I went to get a stress test and everything was fine, I got my cervix checked and I'm almost 2 cm but I'm not having contractions or anything like that so I guess I'm wondering if anyone else has gone though the same thing. My doctor was going to induce me on Thursday but now shes saying that she isn't going to because there's no contractions which I kind of understand but at the same time I'm scared that I'm already 2 and that I'm having no pain. Is it possible that I could end up like 7 or 8 and still not feel anything or should my body just automatically start contractions? Please don't bash if you think this is a dumb question I'm just wondering

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was at 2 cm for about two weeks before I went into labor with my first. Your body can dilate the first few cm without you even noticing. And trust me you will have contractions that you will know is real labor before you get to 7-8 cm. Just be patient she will be here very soon--and it is better if your body does it on its own...then you know your little one really is ready to make her big appearance.

Anonymous

• Be happy you're dilated early. It just means you'll have that many centimers LESS to dilate during the painful labor process! I was dilated 3 cm three weeks before my daughter was born, and I spent less time laboring at the hospital as a result. It's okay.... and trust me--you'll KNOW when it's real, and there's not a chance that you'd get to 7 or 8 and NOT know it!
    Tylersm0m

Answer by Tylersm0m at 9:12 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Well right now i am 30 wks but i have been at 2 cm since i was about 271/2. this is my third baby though so they expect me to be a little early. i am not having painseither just a little braxton hicks but thats it . just think... a little longer and it will all be done and over and you will have a brand new addition to the family. good luck
    pswife

Answer by pswife at 8:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I dilated to 4 before i went into full labor and had no idea so it might take another week or 2 but it will happen eventually. Good luck and congrats!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:04 AM on Mar. 18, 2009