i have been told that babies under a year cannot have strawberries. i want to feed my 9 month old some mixed fruit gerber graduates yogurt melts, but i didn't know if i could since it supposedly contains strawberry.

i'm confused because she fits the age group for the snack. why would they even make this flavor if they cannot have berries? is it ok to feed to her?

rachelsmommy78

Asked by rachelsmommy78 at 8:25 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they say to wait for strawberries because it can be sometimes citrusy and it is one of the things that is common for babies to be allergic to. If allergies don't run in yor family you are fine, but like all new foods watch for a reaction for the first few days after.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 9:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I'm sure they wouldn't make toddler food with stuff they can't have. I give those to my babys and I don't have any problems. I'm sure it's fine, just make sure he's chewing them okay.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My son ate those at like 9-10 months and he is fine. Just give baby a few and then watch them for a few hours to make sure no allergies become present.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 8:27 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• someone once told me that if you rub a babies foot that they will grow up to stutter too...lol! Both of my kids are fine and they ate strawberries before they were 9 months old.
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 8:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My daughter eats strawberries all the time.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I would only worry if there was a family history of allergies in your family or your so, if not I think it would be fine. Feed her some and watch her closely the first few times she eats them. Google allergy symptoms so you know what to watch for or ask your baby's doctor.

I've given them to my dd and she loved them.
    Anonymous

• I never heard that and I was giving Avery strawberry pear granola at 6 months and he had no problems.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 9:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• never heard they can't have berry's
    amber325

Answer by amber325 at 9:24 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• my son was 5months and eating yogart with stawberries in it
    Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 9:25 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• it depends. usually foods already made with strawberry stuff is fine just not pure strawberry and not a huge amount
    Anonymous