oops. Aleve while pregnant.

I am 6 1/2 mnths pregnant && took aleve yesterday.. I got up this morning and looked up online abt taking Aleve while pregnant and found that I shouldn't have taken it. I am hoping that taking it just once wont hurt anything. Well i took the aleve because I have this horrible tootheache and orajel does nothing for me is there anything else I can take??

Kbmancine

Asked by Kbmancine at 8:35 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you only took it once, then you should be ok. For the most part, the only OTC meds that you can take for pain (not colds) is Tylenol. For anything stronger, I'd ask UR doc/OB. Good luck!!
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 8:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• So two years ago I was pregnant with my first. I seriously effed up my back and was taking all sorts of crap, bottles of motrin, fistfuls of aleve, you name it. Even a darvoset and a flexerol in there. My DD was perfectly fine, a healthy weight above average intelligence and all around healthy kid.

This time, I had a terrible toothache and like before took some aleve (though no where NEAR as much), not realizing it was no longer considered safe... this baby has a heart defect, but there is no way to know if it was related to the aleve or not. The doctors think probably not but they can't rule it out.

All I can say is it's hit or miss. Talk to your doctor and make them aware they might want to run some extra tests later on in the pregnancy. Good luck! I wish you and you LO the best!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 8:43 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Maybe when you see the doctor you can get a prescription for vicodin if your toothache gets too bad. It's safe to take while pregnant, just don't get dependent on it. My doctor told me it was better for me and the baby to not be in severe pain constantly. Otherwise, tylenol is about it for the pain. I'm sure your fine, but let your doctor know that you took aleve just to be safe.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• get some vanilla extract and put it on the tooth, or clove oil, it helps so much, and the clove oil will kill any infections if there are any. its all natural and safe. and you dont have to swallow it...
    Anonymous

• get hydacordon its safe to
    Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 9:36 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Why not go to the dentist? They can start the process of fixing your tooth and put a temp filling "not bad for the baby" and then finish once you are not PG anymore. If it nothing major they might do it all. They dont like to due much on PG women but they wont leave you in pain. Well atleast that goes for the doctor I work for.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2009