What reasons do you have for not working for a direct sales company?

Explain all reasons why you do not work for a direct sales company? What things keep you away from these types of businesses?

MOMMYKNS0328

Asked by MOMMYKNS0328 at 8:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• Because i don't like being "that person". The one that people avoid and think "oh boy, here she comes trying to sell us something"....
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:48 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• First lack of security, no matter what the economy you never know if you will make a dime.
    I don't like seeing my friends and family as possible sales.
    I think it's wrong that I do all the work, advertising, marketing and so on for only a small percent of the profit (however, I do use wholesalers and drop shippers on eBay and I get to keep all of the profit, but I only sell online - never to friends or family - most of them don't even know what I do.)
    My girl friends and I have talked about this for ages and we are always uncomfortable around the "Sales" friend.
    I prefer to have a JOB at home with a weekly pay check. I know that I will get paid each and every week, the money is in escrow. I also do Online Group Studies (legitimate surveys) and I get paid once a month. I've NEVER provided a credit card or created a downline.
    Why push unwanted products on people when you can work from home - online - for free!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I don't have a problem that is why I work for three and I am very successful!!

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 9:00 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• KTMOM
    Because i don't like being "that person".

I know what you mean, everyone is embarrassed for them, but we don’t want to come right out and tell them. We wonder how they got sucked in and wonder why they aren’t as uncomfortable as we are. My little sister is sucked into all these schemes, we love her and don’t want her for get sucked into any more. But some times we just sit there and think how limited must she be? She once spent $15,000.00 plus airfare and hotel stay for a course on day trading – she never did it. And she doesn’t have a clue. She talks this stuff up as if they’ve been doing it for ages and they can’t wait until they’re in the middle of it – all the money they’re going to earn. We hate to go anywhere with her because she sounds like a fool its embarrassing for everyone.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 9:07 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• lapcounter, if you're so successful why do you have to work for 3? Successful would be working for 1 and only part time.
    Anonymous

• smileAnon because I have customers that like the variety, I have some that like the home ware, some ladies that like the HIGH END JEWELRY and then some that like the costume jewelry. So you are wrong on your answer to me, nice try honey! Oh and by the way I DO NOT HAVE TO WORK I do it for the fun of it, just thought you would like to know that info also! Works4Mom.com no one is embarrassed for me, they might be jealous of what I have but not embarrassed, LOL!

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:00 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I have a st st st stutter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Because most of them are "pyramids" in which the overwhelming majority of the poor suckers who get involved never actually make any money, they just waste lots of time and energy. I have researched these "opportunities" tirelessly, and there are a precious few that actually present the chance for the average person to make a dime.
    Also, what KTMOM said too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Wow, talk about "Mean Girls". lol  I LOVE direct selling, I have been doing it for 15 years. I am not "one of those kind" of people. I am just myself that sells a great product. Once someone knows what I do, I don't even bring it up, people ask me about it.

It is just as honorable to sell as it is to buy. And BTW, pyramids are illegal. If you are thinking of being in direct selling, go for it. When you own your business, you own your life.

AmyMK

Answer by AmyMK at 2:46 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• You shouldn't be embarrased for us We probably make more money than you do!
    Anonymous