Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help

I think I'm addicted to pills alright I know I am. I've been popping about 5 diffrent kinds of pills day from Lexapro tylone,Vicdon, prozac, pretty much anything i have or can get my hands on. I really want to stop this but how do i just walk into a doctors office and tell them this. I've tried to stop it alone and it doesnt work. What is the doctor going to do to help me I cant be sent off to a treatment center there is no option for that my husband is in the military his can hurt my family more then anyone knows. I used to use when i was 17 and stopped till I got post partum depression.


Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • Most additions run much deeper than the pills, drinks or drugs. Most people are running from or trying to hide something from themselves or others. Stopping on your own is rare, a treatment center (outpatient) will be able to help you. You might have to stay for a few days to detox but once the pills are out of your system, you can begin to work on the issues that prompted the use in the first place. I wish you the best mama, I am proud of you, you are taking the first step, which is admitting you have a problem. 12 step programs work very well and you will need a good support team to help you through this and to be there when you have a weak moment.

    Answer by midnightmoma at 10:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

    noone should live their life like that.
    you should shape up and think abt your child!
    your in need of a reality check!

    Answer by Kbmancine at 8:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

  • Mom?

    Answer by stanmom at 8:52 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

  • Mind over matter. I don't mean to be cold, but what if you were pregnant would you quite taking all those pills? just motivate yourself and if your saying you cant go to a treatment center than you need to have self willpower, mind over matter, what's this addiction doing for you? your gonna end up worse than what you started if you don't get a grip. It's sad to say but sometimes in life you need to help yourself if no one reaches out to help you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

  • call your doctor who put you on post partum meds right now to get a message in for return call tomnorrow. That give u something to do. Call the next morning when they open, between 730 and 8. That gives u something to do tomorrow. What can u put in your mouth in place of a pill until u talk to yr dr.? Anything just not a pill or booze of any kind and not a yell at your kid. Carry crackers or cheerieos around with u. Cheerios w/sugar maybe now until things are smoothed out the sugar taste might do u better as a replacement 'high' than dry crackers. Carry around yr replacement where ever u go. Bathrm, shower, laundry room. Take a bite whn u need the pill when you need to cry. My neice just got out of rehab. It's really tough go get off of pills, drugs legal or illegal. Every time u want another pill take a bite of something in its place every single time. Call a chaplain, another military wife NOW. Get yr cheerios.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2009