How do you get motivated to clean?

My kids are gone to their dad's house all of Spring Break. It's the perfect time for me to do some spring cleaning and gather some things for our upcoming yard sale, but I just can't seem to get motivated.

sparrowprincess

Asked by sparrowprincess at 9:00 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Put on your I-pod or radio with some good tunes open all the windows and your off ....
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 9:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I listen to music always gets me motivated ;-)
    proud_mum_mum

Answer by proud_mum_mum at 9:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Blast the radio and dance as you clean.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Invite someone over. Works for me. :)

Actually I trick myself into cleaning. I pretend that I have no intention to clean. I have breakfast. Then I take care of the dishes, and then not thinking about it, I start wiping down the cabinets, then wash the floor, then put stuff away. Before I realize that I am cleaning, it is mostly done.

Answer by Bmat at 9:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Watching "Clean Sweep" on TLC always worked for me! I'm not sure if that show is even on anymore.

Getting ready first thing in the morning and making myself look nice gets me motivated too for some reason!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:07 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• when the health dept knocks on my door (ok that's a joke)

Answer by admckenzie at 9:08 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• When you figure it out, let me know. I am in desperate need of motivation for spring cleaning.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I start with one room and go counterclockwise. If I find myself venturing into another area of the room I go back to where I was. Eventually the whole room is clean.
    Also I do 15 minutes cleaning. Set the timer for 15 minutes and clean all I can in one room. Do this a few times and the room is clean depending on how messy it is. Its the easiest for me.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 9:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• LOL admckenzie...thanks I needed that!
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 9:13 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• TAKE AN EARLY SHOWER, JUST PUT ON SOME COMFORTABLE CLOTHES TURN THE MUSIC ON AND DO UR THING!!!
    COOKY81

Answer by COOKY81 at 10:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2009