Married women, do you believe single women when they say...

that they are okay with their man not wanting to get married? I know I used to say it before I found a guy who would commit to marriage, but the truth was, I really wanted to be married. People say it is only a "piece of paper" but do they really believe that? I never really did.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would not mind it for the sake of our boys. I think there is security for children in knowing mom and dad are married.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Some are, some aren't. I am sure some say it to make themselves feel better.

Others really could care less about marriage.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Some I do believe really feel that way. Not all, but some.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My mom has been with her bf for over 18 years now...they've never felt the need to be married.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:11 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• i am a little different, i was married once and it was horrible..and i am deathly afraid to get remarried. i find it cheaper to just break up..lol
    i dont see what the difference is being married or being together for a long time...either way, your still together.
    m_06elle

Answer by m_06elle at 9:11 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I believe they are lying to make themselves feel better.. unless deep down they don't love their SO. Everyone wants a committed relationship.
    Anonymous

• When I was single, I was dating a couple of different guys. No, I didn't want to get married to any or those guys and when I met my husband , life just took it's course and we fell in LOVE and got married and had our baby and im very happy now. I love the married life!!
    Anonymous

• Well my husband and I were together for 10 years before we got married. We got together at 19 and had two children and lived toghether during all those years but we never married.

I never realized how much I wanted to be married until i got married to him, that whole time I didn't think I cared, but once we were married i felt way more comfortable and secure that he wouldn't leave me than i did in the years before.

Now I couldn't be happier, I feel mor "together" with him than I ever have I wouldn't go back to not being married for any money in the world.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 9:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I have never beleived in marriage. I'm commited but i dont beleive i need to sign a contract to prove that. I intend to be with my partner as long as possible. Marriage means nothing to me. And anon....not everyone wants to be in a committed relationship. Some like to be alone. Or go from one to another. there choice.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I honestly didn't care whether I was married or not!

The only thing I felt badly about was I felt people judged me for having a child out of wedlock. I live in a very traditional area, though. I don't think it would have been been an issue if I lived in NY or somewhere:)
    Anonymous