Ok I have a VERY odd question..

I woke up this morning and there were nats in the kitchen. I keep my house pretty clean so does anyone know where they may be coming from and how do I get rid of them? Thanx Lyndsi

TaterNJo0sMommy

Asked by TaterNJo0sMommy at 9:13 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Okay this is really disgusting. But I had the same problem. I bleached EVERYTHING the sink and drain the counters, the toilet and the bathroom sink. I hung fly tape with apple cider vinegar caught a bunch thought I got rid of them only had a few left. Then the next morning a few days later.. there they were again, full force. I was DUMBFOUNDED. My house is clean, I was doing EVERYTHING. Well one night for dinner I was going to be making fried potatoes. My granny grew them in her garden over the summer so we had been using hers. (since they were really dirty we kept them in our garage) Well we were out of hers so I went to the cupboard where we kept potatoes (they were alone we have an open space with nothing) And wouldn't you know- ROTTEN POTATOES with maggots and nats. I was mortified. I had completely FORGOT about the potatoes I had from a month or so before. Eww. I still want to vomit thinking about it.
    mama.love.

Answer by mama.love. at 9:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Do you have any fruit sitting out? I always have that problem when I leave fruit in a bowl on the table.
    promom

Answer by promom at 9:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Fruit, rotting vegetation, I had them come in on potting soil from the store. I also read that they can be on the scum that is the drains, but that's the first I'd heard of that. I know there are drain flies that can come from there. But anyway, find anything rotting or any fruit, and maybe clean all the drains.

Answer by Bmat at 9:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Check potatoes and bananas.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:43 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Thanx. I guess I will try the things you all mentioned. I asked my neighbor and she said that they had them too and she thought they were coming from her garbage disposal?? Is that possible?

TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 11:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2009