I had a c- section ....

Ihave to have 18 staples removed tomorrow, does it hurt?
Please be honest and describe if you can.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had a csec for my first baby and was scared to death to have them removed plus i was sick with a fever when they were!!!! I cried to my resident afraid he'd hurt me in taking them out and I was in so much pain already. He put me at ease and took em out and it did not hurt at all. it might pull a bit could little little bit bleed. But the docs whoever won't remove them if they're not sure you're all healed really well. You'll be ok, you'll do just fine.
    Anonymous

• Nope. I've had 2 c-sections. You feel the pulling of your skin moving, but it doesn't hurt at all. You will be numb along your scar line and about an inch above for at least 6 months.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Cool thanks but , if i'm numb how come my incision hurts when its touched? Are you sure??
    Anonymous

• When I had my c section they removed by staples on day three of me being in the hospital. It stung a tiny bit, but nothing bad at all, and I am a pretty big sissy when it comes to stuff like that. Just relax and take deep breaths and it will be over before you know it.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• No pain at all. You'll be fine. I've had three c-sections.
    CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 9:40 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Mine didn't hurt when they took them out. It feels a little funny but doesn't hurt. To have your incision touched is going to feel uncomfortable and it will be that way for several weeks, but it shouldn't be incredible painful to the touch.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:40 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I don't know...I was just totally numb down there both times. I'd get these strange sharp pains around my incision, but couldn't really feel anything to the touch. After it started healing well, but was still numb, it would itch, and I couldn't feel myself scratching. It was terribly annoying...lol. Hopefully that's just my strange body and not yours. I guess everybody is different, but I didn't feel a thing when they took my staples.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• OK thanks everyone I feel better now!!
    Anonymous

• Doctors actually do staples still? I've had 3 c-sections and I wasn't stapled for any of them. I had stiches that dissolved. I thought staples were the old school days?
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2009