how would you feel if

my SO has a big aversion to sharing utensils and food. I would think that three years, many "favors", and a kid later he wouldn't be washing my spoon because I ate ice cream off of it and it is the only big spoon we could find (thanks son!).

how would you feel and handle this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• I would stop doing him "favors" and give him a dirty spoon next time!
    Anonymous

• That is funny.. Like you said, considering that fact that you have made a baby together, it doesn't get any closer than that. haha My DH used to be weird about milk, that was the only thing he didn't want to share, like if I wanted a drink of his... now after being together for over ten years we share everything. Except toothbrushes. Now that is just too much. LOL
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I have the same aversion. You'd be surprised at how many people do. Don't try to change him.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My SO is like this. We have to have separate drinks and separate utensils--oh and don't put your hand in his popcorn or chip bag. I have been dealing with this for 6 years. His mom is the same way. But they were both only children. We now have a child and he has also had many "favors", but I am not going to try to change him. That is what makes him uniquely him.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Some people are just grossed out by things like that even though they are 'quite familiar" with you in other ways. Just let it go, don't take it personally, really it can get alot worse:-)
    lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 9:52 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• after 3 yrs, many favors and a kid later you'd be used to it by now. accept him as is. You are not going to change him and shouldn't take offense at least not after all this time

Answer by admckenzie at 9:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• husband will share with my but not with the kids..
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 10:21 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• LOL!!! I probally wouldn't feel any way because I'm the same way. I don't eat or drink after my kids or Husband. He understands I'm a big germaphobic. I sometimes have problems kissing. Brush your teeth first is always my response...LOL!!! But I'll end up doing it just don't make me eat from someone else's utensils
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 10:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• LOL i kinda have a problem when someone drinks outta my glass or eats off my eating utensils even if its my BF or my kids lol but one time my BF was drinking outta my glass and I said get your own i dont want you drinking outta my cup and he said " ummmmm I eat your pu$$y and then you kiss me im guessing me drinkin outta ur cup isnt an issue" LOL I just said "point taken" and havent complained about it since.
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 11:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I am so glad to learn that I'm not the only one like this. All of my in-laws thought I was a little strange because I don't share food or drink, and if you put your hand in my bag/bowl of popcorn or chips, it's yours. Think about what's under those fingernails and the chips scraping under the nails and leaving something behind... ewww I have the problem with the kissing too, gotta brush first, I don't want to get some of the lunch/snack you had earlier. I'm so glad I'm not alone here lol I'd let him be... atleast it's not as odd as my quirks.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2009