Swaddeling HELP!!!

My son is four months old now and I'm wondering how long I can swaddel him. I like to do it cause he doesn't sleep as well without it. Will I be able to just lay him down in his crib soon without the swaddeling???

Dayija

Asked by Dayija at 9:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We still swaddle my 7 month old at bedtime. Granted, he can get out of it very easily and does so every night in his sleep, but I think he likes the wrapped up feeling when he goes to bed because he won't fall asleep unless he's swaddled. We've had to buy a bigger blanket lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• You can swaddle your baby for as long as he wants to be swaddled. I swaddled my daughter untill she was nearly 6 months old. Then later as I began to notice that she began to fuss and move once I began to swaddle her so i stopped. She sleeps all night but ofcourse every baby is different. Try laying your baby with out swaddleing and if your baby cannot sleep maybe your baby is not ready. Try every night or so but sooner your baby will get accustomed not being swaddled.
    lasisterd

Answer by lasisterd at 10:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I would do it as long as he likes. He will eventually find his way out of the blankets on his own when he is ready.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I swaddle my almost 6m old. He wakes himself up rubbing his eyes if I don't!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 2:56 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• my son was swaddled til about 7 months. we just stopped doing it and he was fine, took a couple of tries til he was completly broke of it though. I think the first week we tried not swaddling he ended up swaddled 2 of 7 nights still, but eventually he did just fine without it.
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 12:55 AM on Mar. 18, 2009