Did anyone conceive on their first try?

And if you did, how far away from your estimated ovulation day was it and did you have a boy or a girl?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 9:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I did with one of my three pregnancies. It was two days after my period ended, but I wasn't really keeping track at the time. Girl!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 9:58 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I didn't even TRY. LOL
    mama.love.

Answer by mama.love. at 10:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• 2-3 days before i ovulated, i had my girls

right at ovulation, i had my boys
    m_06elle

Answer by m_06elle at 11:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• We got pregnant the very first month. I was charting CM, CP and BBT. We had sex the day that I ovulated. I am having a boy.

You have to really know your cycle if your planning on trying for one sex or the other because otherwise it could be counter productive. For example I KNOW that I have 5 days worth of EWCM so I knew that I needed to have sex on the 5th day to maxmize my chances of concieving a boy and not miss my ovulation.

I also had an orgasim as soon as my DH came and some say that increases your chances for a boy because it helps to draw the sperm inside quickly so it can get to the egg faster but I don't know how true that is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Yes and it is a boy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Yes, not sure. We had sex on the 21, 22, 24, 25O. We'll see in 9 months so sooner if I find out during an ultrasound.
    prettyinpink2

Answer by prettyinpink2 at 6:43 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Yes, with number 2! I had my first post-weaning period and started trying right after. I was prego within 3 weeks! I had a boy (even though the Chinese Gender Prediction Calander predicted a girl...LOL)
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2009