Why would you have a baby with a man who did not.....

Why would you have a baby with a man who did not want to marry you? I'm not talking about "accidental" pregnancies. I'm talking about deliberate pregnancies with someone you are not in a commited relationship with. Most men who don't want to marry feel that way because they want it to be easier to walk away if they get bored with you. So why bring a baby into that situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That is someone who is not happy with themselves and feels that if they have a baby it will make everything magical!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:08 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Exactly... So they can come on here and whine in a few months when he runs away...
    Anonymous

• I did, I thought it would change him...boy was I wrong.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I wouldn't do it, however, I'd imagine some people are just into the idea of having a child regardless of if the man sticks around or not. I think it's crazy, but that's my opinion.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:08 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Because I was too nieve. And he said he loved me and wanted a family, lol. Then the second time. he said " I promise i won't get your pregnant. Just one time??" LOL! I guess the second one was an accident though..
    Anonymous

• that is just plain not true. my SO doesnt want to get married becuase of his first marriage. they got married for the wrong reason and it has him scared to get married. eventually we will get married but i feel no reason to push it.

his lack of desire to get married has nothing to do with an ease or walking away. its not any easier to walk away with a kid involved if you are married or not married.

we did not plan on having our baby when we did. but i did plan to have a baby with him at somepoint. he has 2 kids from his marriage.

also, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE MARRIED TO BE IN A COMMITTED RELATIONSHIP! ugh....this must be a theme tonight. we own our house - both our names are on the deed. the bank account is in my name - he puts his money in it. we have litterally spent maybe 1 day apart from one another since we have met. you can not tell me that we are not committed.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Sorry, let me clarify, I knew I could get pregnant because i was having unprotected sex, but I guess I didn't care at the time. I was very young and not too smart. I thought he would stay with me. I don't whine about it, l learned from it. I share my experience with younger girls who may be thinking of doing the same. There was a void that needed filling and I thought pregnancy would be the answer. Oh yeah, he knew I wasn't on bc, so no I didn't trap him either! I have taken full responsibility for my actions and am very lucky to have the awsome child that did come out of it.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• really.... screw how you and the guy feel....what about that baby... it's not fair to them..... they deserve a loving mother AND father....

OP do you know someone who has done this?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:19 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• my daughter has a loving mother AND father! my step kids have a loving mother, father, step mommy, and step dad. thank you very much!
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• thats sad.. i could never do that
    m_06elle

Answer by m_06elle at 10:21 PM on Mar. 16, 2009