Help! My 15mo son is a clothes/diaper Houdini!

My son can get out of his pants and eventually his diaper faster than I can struggle them back onto him. He is hot-natured just like his father and is happy in just a t-shirt and diaper. I have tried switching diapers. I have tried putting his diapers on backwards but the backs are not as absorbent as the front and leads to messes at nap-time and in the morning. I have seriously even considered duct tape but I worry about the hazards to that approach. I used to keep him in the zip-up toe to neck sleepers but when I get him up in the morning his a sweaty mess and none to happy! And if he didn’t make such a mess with the “number 2” substances from his diaper while unsupervised this wouldn’t be such an issue. Any Ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol ha ha love it!! My sympathies - my daughter used to be like that, she used to undress in the middle of the supermarket to this day she hates blankets and warm jammies. Just keep a huge stack of think jammies and diapers close by and open for fast change!!
    Anonymous

• My son belongs in a nudist colony I swear... When the mood strikes him to be naked he is... So we started putting onsies on him with a shirt and shorts over that. He hasn't quite figured out how to unsnap himself yet but once he did manage to still get the diaper off and out the side... just once though
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 10:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Why not switch your 15 month old over to paper diapers they are less mess and the y come in overnights too. I used cloth on my son for the summer but he started soaking them too fast and paper lasts a lot longer and is less stinky especially number 2! How are you keeping him in cloths so long ? I am impressed! I think cloth diapers are sweet!!! What brand do you use and how do you clean them. I found a service my son is in paper and he is still happy! Suggestion for you maybe a extra cloth pad or diaper throw away pad?
    Anonymous

• My DS can get out of onsies too, no problem! He will be an engineer one day I am sure! He takes EVERYTHING apart and then hands it over. He is trying to figure out the bottom buckle of the car seat now, he can already undo the top one! I am in so much trouble!
    Pray for me ladies! :)
    Anonymous

• Duct tape! Several of my baby books suggested it.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:15 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• hehe my 2 yr old loves to be naked.

she'll stirp then run around the house yelling "naked naked!"
    lol.

she only does it at home when its only us so i dont really think its a big deal. as long as she keeps her pull ups on...which she fights.

i usually find she cant get hoodies off without getting stuck lol. put a belt on pants or a lil jumper outfit with straps
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 11:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My 2 yr Old Is Always Tryin To Get Nakey lol
    When I Put Her To bed At night I Go In And Check On Her To Make Sure She Gots Clothes one Still And That She Is Sleepin..
    but When I Go In The Mornin To Get Her Outta bed, She Is NAKEY!
    Its Like She Sleeps Walks Or Sumthin..Or Just Gets Up In The Middle Of The Night Because She Forgot To Take Her Clothes Off
    lmfao

Drive me Crazii
    Cyarasmom

Answer by Cyarasmom at 3:17 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I USED DUCT TAPE AND IT WORKED !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 8:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2009