does heavy lifting during your third trimester hurt you or your baby? and how does it affect u or the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It would probably not hurt the baby, but you will be sorry if you pull something! I pulled a ligament or muscle or SOMETHING early in my third trimester with my first daughter (by carrying something too heavy). Boy did I suffer! It never healed until after I had the baby.

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:27 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Please.. DO NOT do heavy lifting. It can cause placenta previa. The placenta will break away and try to come out before the baby does.. and drown your baby. It happened to my mom when she was pregnant with me. and had an emergency C section. It almost came down to choosing my mom or me to live. heavy lifting during pregnancy AT ALL is bad!! Big no no! it can cause miscarrage no matter what trimester you are in.
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 10:28 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• yea, i wouldnt do it... Around 8 months i tried rearranging my bedroom. BAD idea... I was very uncomfortable 4 da rest of my pregnant days. not sure if i did any damage but it wasnt a gud feeling at all. pls ask 4 help, ppl kinda hav a soft spot 4 prego ladies... sum1 will giv in :)
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 10:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2009