• In the Spotlight:

What vacuum should I buy?

I need to buy a new vac........I need a good one.....any suggestions. I heard that a Dyson is great but I don't love the price. Although if you have one please let me know how you like it. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Hi always buy your vacuum from Sears with a warranty!!! I love Eurek's rarely breaks. Sgop Amazon for star rating and info. I have a hoover windtunnel and it breaks a lot but is good for allergies!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 10:31 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• warranty is for repair and reg. maintanance check I have warrantie till 2011 and they fix it for free!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 10:32 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I have a dyson. I loooove it. well worth what I paid...and it wasnt full price either. They were selling off the display models at Target to make way for the new ones so I got mine for under $300...thinks it was like $289 or close to that.
    I would also recommend Kenmore (sears brand). I still have my kenmore canister model. It still works (although not as well as the dyson). I bought it before my 2nd son was born & he will be 15 this year. I use it to vaccum out our cars. Never needed a repair.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 10:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Just an fyi there are places that sell used and refurbished vacuumes. My brother got an older model Kirby vacuum that works great.They sell for $1000+ ..... Check for someplace reputable though..but Dyson is best. Also check online for sales, rebates, coupon codes, going out of business sales, ebay, craigslist, stores that offer a discount with credit card application etc.

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 1:19 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• You should go to a store that has the models out so you can play with them. Don't believe the demonstrations that show your old vacuum against their new vacuum because even a new cheap piece of junk will win because the filters are new, the bag is new (or chamber is completely free of debris), and the roller brush is completely clean. I personally do not think that Dyson is all that great, especially now that other companies are copying their system and still cost less. I have had three Dysons so far. They break easier than the Hoover and Bissell vacuums I had, they are heavier, and they really do not do a decent job on hardwood floors. I have two cats, a toddler, and a 100 pound hairy dog, so I pay extra for what I expect to be the best and Dyson just isn't it. Amazon.com is a good place to read reviews on many vacuums or do an internet search on some brands before you buy.
    sillymoo

Answer by sillymoo at 1:42 AM on Mar. 17, 2009