You know why the poor stay poor?

Because everytime they try to get up something knocks them down. my opinion I think this is true for most poor people. Hope! Living month to month is hard to get out of how do you manage to save money if you are already late in payments? Do you still try? What is a good way to save money? Stocks or savings? My money is here today gone tomarrow! Want Christian input please...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• if that courage is your faith in God, use it to move forward.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:43 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My hubby and I are trying the 10-10-80 way of budgeting. 10% goes to tithing, 10% goes to savings, and the 80% is what you live off of. If you can't live off 80% of your income then you need to readjust your bills. Cut out some unneccessaries. You'll be happy you did when you see your savings account!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:47 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• just curious, but why do you only want christian input? do you feel that christians somehow can better answer this question??
    Anonymous

• Cause they pissed off all the rich relatives..................
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 10:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• thanks for some good advice yes it seems a unseen medical trip here a traffic ticket there and we are back to being stressed out again. I wish I did not have so many blind spots! I think the devil likes to keep people down! Christians know we have a hidden enemy! Pray for me please!
    Anonymous

• OP- I know you want Christian answers mostly, and I'm not a Christian.. but I know how to get you out of this.. I've been there, I've been lower, and am on my way to a much better way of life.

The key is too keep your hope, and yet act on it.. There are things you will have to give up, that are unnecessary. But you have to ask yourself, what are you good enough at, that you can make a successful life out of, for you and your family. And pursue it.

I lost my job, my home, almost everything. I got money by going house to house asking for jobs that my neighbors need done. Pride wouldn't allow me to fail. and hope kept me strong. Between that and job searching, I finally got a stable job and home, and applied to college. I know the job I have will keep me where I was, and put me at risk of failing again, and I will never let that happen.. you have to have the courage to move forward.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• There are very few "poor" people in this country. And there is no shame in being poor as long as you work hard and are wise. The shame is when people call themselves poor when they are really just foolish with what they do have and are ungrateful for the simple things in life like food, clothing and a roof over their heads. Americans have a twisted mindset about the standards of a happy life and feel sorry for themselves because they can't gratify their lusts for things or are just mad because they have to actually work for their living. I'm not saying this is your case, but certainly you aren't really poor. You have a computer and I'll bet you had a meal today and clothes on your back and a warm bed to sleep in tonight~ That is a Christian's point of view, thank God for having mercy on you and giving you what you do have. None of us deserves anything, God is good enough to give it inspite of our sins and rebellion against Him
    lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 11:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I love people,lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Mar. 17, 2009