My sister had a miscarriage and refuses to see a dr. is that ok? Will she be ok?

My sister was 5-6 weeks along, and shes homeless in another state. She said she had a violent miscarriage lastnight. She wont see the dr. She said she drank some Royle Tea and it all came out. But Im worried. Will she be ok, or is it necessary to see the doctor?

KaydsMommy

Asked by KaydsMommy at 11:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You should always see a Dr. Usually then want to do a D & C just in case. Otherwise, she could develop an infection.
    Anonymous

• She needs to see a doctor. At the very least to make sure that it all did come out. It generally takes days to weeks for it to all come out. She will be bleeding for a while. There will be pain. At least this was the case for my sister. Plus, my sister was very upset with the whole thing. She was a little farther than your sister, I think. They didnt do anything for my sister but give her pain medicine and observe her for a little while, but I do believe that they want you to at least come in to get checked out.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:07 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• they dont always do a D&C. my sister didn't have one because she had already lost most of it.
    aly38914290

• I had a very, very early miscarriage. I was probably only three weeks a long. I didn't have insurance yet so I didn't go, but if something would have gone wrong I guarantee you I would have gone to a doctor. It is very common for a woman to have a miscarriage not knowing she was pregnant to begin with, therefore not seeking medical attention. If I was further along I probably would have gone to the hospital. But I have to be honest, I was okay.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:08 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• sorry I left this out,: women not knowing they were actually pregnant thought they were having a heavy period, did not seek medical attention and it ran it's course...
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:10 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Hi my heart goes out to her but the biggest thing is to get right to the dor's beause I sould know I've had 13 babys and the only thing the doc says is you need to get cleaned out right away or you may mess up the change to ever have another baby again. I thought the some way but I was wrong so please tell her go in know I have five alive and I've lost the rest because I didn't listen to anyone. God be with her sorry about the baby.
    Tamlou24

Answer by Tamlou24 at 7:33 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I had a miscarriage at 6 wks. It was like a heavy period that lasted for about 4 days. I did not need a D&C. I think your sister should see a doctor though to be sure that a) she actually is having a miscarriage and something else is not wrong and b) to be absolutely sure she doesn't need any medical intervention. Hope your sister is ok.
    Kimpossible

Answer by Kimpossible at 7:56 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• she does not need to see a doctor.
    3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 8:19 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• im going to be the odd one out here.....I have had 7 miscarriages 3 prior to 8 weeks and the doctors never wanted me to come in.Infact I have never had a D&C. Except for checking HCG levels there is usually nothing to do. For me I had heavy bleeding for 4-5 days and that was all. My normal cycle returned in about 5 weeks. I would say she only really needs to go in if the bleeding continues or she is still having a lot of pain after the first few days
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I think she will be ok. I called my midwife when i knew something was not right. I had a miscarriage. The midwife said ok take some Extra Strength Motrin. I asked her that's it? that is all I need to do she said yep. I asked shouldn't I come in or something? she said nope. There is nothing they can do for it. I did go to another Dr. I didn't get a D&C done. They took some HCG levels.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 8:23 AM on Mar. 17, 2009