What is wrong with kids today?

I was watching an old Law & Order SVU tonight and it was about middle school kids having "sex" parties where the girls would perform oral sex for boys for beer. Some nights the girls would do this with more than one boy. The girls acted like it was no big deal because it was sex. I've heard about this kind of thing going on before in the news. But what I want to know is what is wrong with these kids? Since when is oral sex not sex?

Julia0331

Asked by Julia0331 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• you should be asking what is wrong with parents these days...

kids do not raise themselves.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:25 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I think this is due to a big lack of communication between parents and children. Parents are afraid or just plain too lazy to discuss sex openly with their kids, so they learn everything about it from their peers. With their hormones raging, they fall into these kinds of situations. It's really sad.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 11:28 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

kids do not raise themselves

clapping

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:30 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• In a nutshell? Crappy parents.

Many parents are more interested in being friends with their children. Until your child is grown, you can't afford to give up your role as parent. They need you to be the adult.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Since when is oral sex not sex?

Since Bill Clinton said, "I did not have sex with that woman..."

rolling on floor

pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• since Bill Clinton...

parents aren't helping either.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I know 7th and 8th grade is when they teach kids about sex....... hmmmm??? Schools need to stay out of the personal lives of kids and families. It is not up to a pubic, government run facility to decide when its time to tell our children about the birds and the bees. They get into WAY too much detail in my opinion.
    Anonymous

• you have health in 7th and 8th grade. i think it is good for kids to learn about their bodies in an educational format. health class sure as hell never made me want to go and have sex.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 12:02 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I dont think you can blame it all on the parents. It's the pressure to fit in, regardless of what they were told about sex from their parents. Some girls will buy into the notion when a dude says its no big deal to give me head. And vise versa.

I gave my sons their sex talk, I gave them the information. The trick is/was to make sure they use the information. You cant lock them in a closet, during their teen years. You have to arm them and hope they make the right decision.,.

PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 12:38 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• who lets their teen alone with a bunch of guys? Not this momma, that's for sure. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:43 AM on Mar. 17, 2009