weight watchers

I'm thinking about trying it.
Has anyone tried weight watchers out and actually lost weight?and does the point system work?

jenniek510

Asked by jenniek510 at 11:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Health

• Everyone I know that has went thru the program loves it and has lost weight.. the only problem is that it is expensive.
    Anonymous

• I haven't done it, but a lot of my friends have. They all love it and it does work if you stick to plan!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:09 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I started ww on feb 7 at 184 pounds. I weighed in monday at 175.5. I probably could have lost more, but my poor eating habits are going to be the death of me and I haven't been exercising. The points works like this, you are given a daily points allowance based on your current weight ( I started at 24 pts per day). All foods have a pts value (Mcdonalds classic chicken sandwich w/ grilled chicken and no mayo = 7 points, Taco bell chicken taco salad = 15!!) You can eat anything you want as long as you have the points, of course you do better if you eat filling foods as opposed to a 8 point bag of funyuns. You are also given a weekly points allowance (mine was 35 pts per week) These are useful if you go over your daily points or really really really want that snickers ice cream bar. You can earn extra points with exercise, These are used if you hae gone over your daily, and your weekly pts have been used. kacs1774@yahoo.com
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 3:32 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I have definatley lost weight doing it, and I know atleast 5 other people that have. Honestly you don't have to attend the meetings to succeed. I would say pay for a month, get the book and calculator and dont worry about going constantly if you cant afford it. I didnt attend meetings I got the book and calculator from a friend and thats all I needed. Book has everyday foods w/o calories on the packages like veggies and stuff and the calculator helps you figure out points from the packages and keeps track of your points throughout the day. Its really simple, once you get past the first couple days. Honestly after I did it for a week or so I could look at the calories and knew pretty much how many points it was. And whats nice is like smart ones meals (which are really yummy!) have the points written right on the package. Thats what made it soo easy for me I would buy those and lean quisines and eat those for breakfast and
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• lunch then eat a normal dinner, each meal is around 4-6 points and like for me I could have 35 points, and you get 30 extra points for the week, so I would never use all the points I had available. And you get extra points for doing exercise. But whats nice about the smart ones and lean quisines is they have a big selection between the two, sandwhiches, pizza, pastas, breakfast sandwiches, quesadillas, lots of selections they even have dessert! Which are really yummy too! Also weight watchers has a brand of stuff they sell like yogurt and ice cream, which are really good too. I would say its probably the easiest diet to stick to out there. Cuz you can still eat what you want, just in moderation.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 1:04 PM on Mar. 20, 2009