Why co-sleeping?

Seriously, I do not understand it. I had never heard of such a thing until I came on this site. Why would you do such a thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• Some moms love it. For some it's comforting to have the baby so close and for some babies it's comforting to be so close. For breastfeeding moms, co-sleeping or a bedside sleeper can be a sanity saver.
    Was it for me? No. But I try very hard to recognize that MY chioces aren't for everyone. Just as theirs aren't for me.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:35 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• LOL! Well, I didn't really co sleep but sometimes napped with the baby or if they got up in the middle of the night nursed them and fell asleep. I guess it helps you get better sleep.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:36 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Because it's easier for breast feeding and it promotes bonding. I coslept with my daughter when I was a single mom. With the next I'll buy an arms reach cosleeper, so that the baby has his own space.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:36 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• i know some people do it because they dont like being away from their baby. there are other reasons, but i myself don't think its smart at all. its dangerous (smothering and such) and kids sleep better by themselves and i know i sleep better when its just me and SO. lol sometimes, i think i sleep better if i sleep completely alone. ha ha.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:37 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Nursing a baby, it actually is safe for babies if mom is not on meds or exhausted! I have done it and especially with my daughter who had breathing issues asthma she would stop breathing when little. I had to have my arm under her all night to make sure she ws breathing.

If you are a heavy dreamer do not sleep with a baby!
    Anonymous

• I was just too darn lazy to get out of my bed to get to his when I was breastfeeding.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:43 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• So *I* could get some sleep! Babies are programmed to sleep beside their moms. Cribs are a modern invention.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:07 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i still co-sleep and my dd is 22 months old.theres nothing wrong with it. i started doing it when i breastfed and it was a real sanity savor.its just whats best for me and her.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 1:07 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• oh yes i also believe what gdiamante said. cribs are a modern invention..not a necessity.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 1:09 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 1:27 AM on Mar. 17, 2009