How do I get out of a ten year relashionship that niether of us is happy in and he won't accept that it is over?

I have been with a man for 10 yrs. We jumped into a serious realshioship when i met his three kids, who were 5, 9, & 10 at the time. Their Bio Mom had abused and abandoned the kids and he had just spent a tear with the kids trying to do what he could. I fell in love with the kids and I thought I loved him. We moved in together after a very short time and I became a Mom at 36, found out I was pregnant three months later and have been trying to make it work. The kids grew up and as they ave , become hosile and abusive ( both verbally and attempting to threaten me with physical action) . I have been through social services, courts, pychiatric wards, restraining orders and now after going from being their "mom" am considered the evil step mom. The youngest is now 14 and on her way to going down the wrong road. I havetold my SO that I don't love him and I want to just go our seperate ways. he just doesn't hear me. I feel trapped.

ladyvgnce

Asked by ladyvgnce at 11:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• I would just up and leave. Apparently he doesnt want to hear what you have to say, he figures if he doesnt listen you will not leave. Just up and go your own way!
    boxin

Answer by boxin at 11:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• i agree with boxin
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• um leave
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 11:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• yup, I agree. He'll get the picture when we wakes up and you are gone.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:10 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Just pack your bags and GO. Nothing more needed from him.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:06 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I have to agree with everyone else. If it's your house put all of their things outside, change the locks. That should give him a clue.
    LoriW

Answer by LoriW at 1:22 AM on Mar. 17, 2009