how often do you take kids outside

How many times a week, hours a day do you take your kids out to play?
note my kid is a little over 2, so please also add in their age

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 11:46 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My kids play together, they are 6 and 2 and they play outside together probably 1 - 2 hours a day on weekdays at home. I know they get outside time at school/daycare as well. Weekends we can be out there all day, depending on the weather :)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:48 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My dd is almost 14 months and doesn't walk yet. So I only take her outside to swing when it's nice out. She can't walk or really do anything so there's not really any point.
    Kenzies_mama

Answer by Kenzies_mama at 11:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My boys are 2 and 4 and I take them out almost everyday sometimes 2 or 3 times a day and keep them out about 2 hours before coming inside they love it and I am a SAHM so why not.
    TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 11:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• mines 2. she loves the swings...we didnt get her a swingset cause were army and moving soon so no idea if were going to be stationed somewhere with a yard of an apt...so its usually a wlak to the local park for her . she will swing all day if i let her lol
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• We go outside every chance we get, weather permiting! My DS is 14 months old and loves outdoor play. We spend over an hour at the park when we go. We also spend at least a few minutes outside several times a day even if we are bundled up!
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 11:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Age 1, at least 30 mins a day, if weather is good sometimes hours, we have snack, swing, go for walk, etc. My older ones, 7 and 11, all day if they wish, they come in for food, drink, bathroom, then back out.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:18 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My son just turned 2 and loves to play outside. I try for at least an hour a day if not more. We will go for a walk, go to the park, play out front, he will help me water the plants-he likes to do just about anything.
    CashJulianMommy

Answer by CashJulianMommy at 12:35 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• well DD is 14 months old.. and so far this year, beyond going to the store, etc, we have only been outside 7-10 times because of the weather. We live in New York, so it's pretty cold with all the lake effect weather. And the times I have, for no more than 20 minutes because it's still not warm enough.. in the summer... we will be out as much as possible, weather pending. I love being outdoors and am CRAVING some good WARM summer days so we can get out there and play.

Waiting for some.

sun

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:07 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• We have been taking Ellen outside daily since she was 14 months. I allow her to pick up certain things and I'll tell her what it is, we point and name things. Now she is 28 months and she's able to name just about everything we come across.
    mommy_mpoon

Answer by mommy_mpoon at 5:03 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Our boys have been playing outside--weather permitting--since they were about 7 months old (sitting/crawling stage) In the snow/cold, mud, sunny and cloudy days--it's not hard to dress them appropriately! We have a fenced in yard with a pool and swingset/sandbox/fort/slide combo, and veggie and flower gardens, so they are free to explore birds, bugs, and bunnies and whatever else peaks their interest at will. Wouldn't have it any other way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Mar. 17, 2009