how often do you go outside

how many days a week, hour sa day do you take your kid out to play outside?

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 11:46 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Weather permitting, ...every day for AT LEAST a half hour. if not 2-4 hours. But when weather permits he also gets a half hour at school 3 days a week.
    Sometimes when it's raining light enough we'll go for a walk in the rain.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• When we lived in South Carolina we probably spent at least 2-3 hours a day outside every day, we went for walks, to the play ground, played ball in the yard, played in the kiddie pool, etc. Now that we're in Washington state and it's winter, we don't go out that often. Any day that's above 50 degrees and not raining, we go out for about an hour and a half. If there is snow we also go out for about an hour. She also gets to play outside for about 20-30 minutes a day at preschool, and that is 4 days a week.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:52 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Weather permitting daily for at least 30 mins, sometimes we stay out just about all day.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:16 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Nearly every day for at least half an hour, usually several hours.
    Rainy days mean walks to splash in puddles.
    Sunny days mean playing in the backyard, "helping" with the garden, riding her trike, playing at the playgound.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:29 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• As long as the weather is 50 or above we're outside (not in the rain though, lol). I hate the cold and I hate being chilly so we stay indoors if it's either.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:05 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• every day unless it's raining or real muddy we go outside for a few hours.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:17 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Every day at school - they have a covered play area, so even when it's raining, the kids go outside. When the weather's nice, I'll take him to the park after school for an additional 30-60 minutes, now that the sun is still up. In the wintertime, less...in the summertime, more. On weekends, weather permitting, could be anywhere from 1-6 hours.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 9:23 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I live in MN, so for 6 or so months, we don't go out unless we are walking to the car. I hate MN. But when the weather is nice, we are outside all day. I hate being inside when it is nice out.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 10:50 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• as much as possible. I love being outside too though so that helps. They are out there with me when I am gardening, cleaning up the yard whatever, and we grill alot and so we do alot then too. in nice weather at kleast 2-3 hours a day, and sometimes even more, all day trips to the pool or park.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:14 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Once it starts getting warm out, we are outside every day. In the winter, we don't get out as much as I'd like, but if its above 50 or so we try to get out at least for a little bit.
    abigail824

Answer by abigail824 at 9:32 PM on Mar. 17, 2009