cat is still limping

we took our male cat into the vet 2 weeks ago, he was limping and making noises like he was in pain. the vet said she thought he injured it jumping wrongly and he had a mild dever which she said was caused by a small infection he got from the minor injury to his leg. i gave him meds 2x a day and he doesnt make noises like he is pain, he seems to have no pain at all but he is still limping on this leg. should i give him more time to heal since he lets me touch it now and doesnt meow or hiss like it hurts, as he did in the beginning, or take him to the vet again?

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 11:57 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Pets

• take him to the vet....i think he should have wrapped his legs...and ask what u can give the cat for a fever...i know some meds u can...with dogs..but some u cant with kittys..

so....tell em...my baby is in pain! help him!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 1:59 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Was it some sort of sprain? I know sprains take awhile to heal sometimes so maybe it's still doing it's thing. I'd at least give the vet a call and talk to them about it over the phone. Go from there.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:00 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I might limit how much he jumps if you can the muscles might be taking awhile to heal if he is not in pain it is ok to wait I know cats like to climb but try to keep him on the floor for awhile we have a cat tha is so silly and fat he gets up a tree then can't get back down
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 9:44 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• sprains take a while to heal....they probably won't do anything honestly. Im not saying don't take him but just give him a day or two and if he's not in pain its probably on the way to healing. animals know when they can;t push it. My dog recently sprained her shoulder. took a few days and the day I was going to take her in she was fine. They don't push it when theyre in pain. Just don't let her jump tooo much. I knwo that's hard witha cat but just keep her calm.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:56 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• If its a sprain that can take some time to heal but i would call the vet and talk to them about it and honestly if it was me and the cat was still limping a week or 2 from now i would go ahead and have it x-rayed
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2009