who all has stretch marks? Do you know how to get rid of them or make them lighter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• First off, stretch marks are basically hereditary. If your mom (or dad, in my case) had them you more than likely will get them too. It has to do with the elasticity of your skin. My skin elasticity sucks to be honest. I started getting them on my thighs and chest as early as 10 yrs. old cause my weight has always been up and down. My stomach is covered in them cause at the moment I am 8 months pregnant. I am prepared that they will never go away. People say to use lotion but if you are going to get them you will get them lotion or not. Plus my stomach burns if I put anything on it other than soap and water. Sorry to be so negative about products to "get rid or prevent them" but it's all in your family background
    vikaroo18

Answer by vikaroo18 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I have them, and a friend of mine recently told me that pure aloe (like straight from the plant) worked for her,she still has them theyre just not as visible, I haven't tried it yet though..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Most scar lighteners work too.
    Fractal_mama

Answer by Fractal_mama at 12:06 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• sorry hon i can't help you there thank god i never had the problem i covered myself in cocoa butter and yes it works
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• cocoa butter didn't work for me I slathered my belly in it everyday and I still ended up looking like I had a road map on my stomach, but as far as anything working afterwards I haven't found it yet...let me know when/if you do...sorry
    lalasmom8

Answer by lalasmom8 at 12:10 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i heard strivectin works... but i am not sure
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 12:11 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I like mine and are more than ok with them. They aren't pretty but at least they stand for something. They mean I carried a life.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:16 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• there is a cream called stretch marks, it lightened them up alot for me, but everyone is different, you find it at cvs. hope it works for you also. if you try it. good luck .
    1carlasue

Answer by 1carlasue at 3:52 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I had horrible stretch marks, and my mom gave me this stuff call Demarkable. It's made by beauty control... works great!! It just takes the color away though
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 17, 2009