Should I work harder?

Okay so my daughter is almost 18 months and no matter how hard I try I can't seem to get her to eat real meals. All she ever wants to do is snack and its health snacks like fruit and things like that but every time I put her in her highchair and give her real food she just throws it or starts playing in it and refuses to eat it. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what can I do to get her to eat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• the healthiest way to eat is 5 small meals a day....i wouldnt change that if she was. for my daughter, dinner time she doesnt eat a lot, if she's not hungr i dont force her but she does have to stay seated until were all done. as long as sh eis eating i wouldnt worry.
    min eis 2..she eats breakfast , lil snack, lunck at 1130..lil snack..dinner around 530. and usualy milk with diner
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 12:04 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• maybe she gets overwhelmed by the amt of food, my oldest was. Try putting one thing on her tray at a time. My oldest ate better that way. She also may not like to sit still, after all mom, there is so much fun to be had, LOL.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:11 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• If you want her to eat at mealtime you'll need to cut out the snacks, most likely she isn't hungry.
    lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 12:21 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• only proble with cuttin gout snacks.....if you do the traditional 3 meals a day. and no snacks. her metaboism willa ctually be slower, especially if dinner is the biggets meal of the day.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 12:41 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Snacks are good, for the metabolism but don't let her go all day. Do a snack at like 10 am, 2pm, right after a afternoon nap. Then normal meals at breakfast, lunch , dinner. When my DD was doing this, our Doc just told us to cut back the snacks and keep trying.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:16 AM on Mar. 17, 2009