He sleeps too much?!?

My almost 6 month old sleeps through the night 7 or 8 pm to about 7 or 8 am. wakes up eats naps at 9 or 10 and sleeps till 12 wakes up eats plays and naps at 2 sleeps till 4 and sometimes takes another nap at 6. is this normal? I try to keep him up and playing but he crys when hes tired and wont stop untill he gets to ohis crib and instantly falls asleep!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This is VERY normal, and VERY healthy for a child of this age. My DD did the same thing.. and Dr. said this is very good for them. they say the MINIMUM a baby should sleep at that age is 10-12 hours.

Enjoy it.. they will let you know when they need or don't need a nap..
    DD right now is 14 months.. and sleeps about 10 hours a night.. and takes a one to two hour nap at around 2pm.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:39 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Enjoy it!! Not all babies do that, but it's not a bad thing. Maybe it's a growth spurt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• my daughter did that till she was about 8 months. I meant, that exact same schedule! Then she stopped taking an afternoon nap and started sleeping less at night.
    jem01b

Answer by jem01b at 12:09 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Every baby is on his/her schedule. My son took 2 naps daily until about age 2. He's almost
    3 and still takes 1 nap/ day for about 1 -2 hrs.

SCMom130

Answer by SCMom130 at 12:15 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• You are blessed! Chances are that he will drop that 3rd nap in the next few months, so enjoy time while it lasts.
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 12:19 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• PROB. NOTHING BUT HAVE HIS TSH AND T4 BL. WORK DONE FOR THYROID PROB.
    MY DAUGHTER WAS A SLEEPER TOO AND SHE HAD A MISPLACED THYROID. IT IS 100 PERCENT TREATABLE WITH MEDS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Mar. 17, 2009