If you could have it your way, would you...........

If it were completely up to you, would you want everyone in the world to follow your religious/spiritual footsteps? In other words would you want every to be what you are: Agnostic, Athiest, Buddist, Christian, Hindu, Muslim, Pagan, etc.

Or would you prefer the diversity of multiple religious/spiritual paths? Please include what makes this choice better in you opinion.

If you would want everyone to follow your path, do you think the world would be better? the same? or worse? Feel free to include what yout hink would make it better but, try to include only POSITIVE traits of your persuasion & not negative traits of others.

Share ideas & play nice!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would love for everyone to stand up, actually all love one another like they profess to- hold hands and all get along. But that isn't going to happen. I'd also love for everyone to shake off the blinders and set themselves free- but they seem to like their self-imprisonment. I would settle for live and let live- that seems to be a lot of work- even for those on here professing to hold that exact belief...
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 2:35 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Yes Christian because Jesus is love, not judgemental or condemning. His invitation is rsvp only and He does not make you do anything because He loves you!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:34 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Nope. The concept goes against my religion to begin with. It is built with the idea that every people has it's own gods, and the idea of expecting others to convert is rupulsive.

If you are drawn to them, it is through your ancestry. It is inconceivable that someone should be asked or expected to desert their own ancestors to worship our way, when they should be honoring their own ancestors. It's like asking people to turn their backs on their family. People have willingly converted because they felt something drawing them even without the ancestral connection, but it's rare, and absolutely of their own volition.

I think that's the hardest part to explain, and why people think we are so touchy about "well meaning" people just trying to share. It's not as simple as just changing gods, it's abandoning every generation of your family since the beginning of time. People don't understand the magnitude of what they ask.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:42 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• While I certainly enjoy the diversity that exists presently I feel that religious differences go hand and hand with war: think 9/11.
    stanmom

Answer by stanmom at 12:45 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• OP here, NotPanicking, may I ask what your faith is?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• In my honest opinion it doesn't matter what religion everyone is, as long as we treat each other with respect and consideration.I would rather we treat others as we would want to be treated instead of everyone being the same religion. Who are we to say any one religion is better than the others currently in existence?If Jesus is forgiving and loving and If God is a just and loving God why do babies and children suffer through illnesses that according to the bible can be cured in a heartbeat? The problems in this world isn't religion or the belief in God, it is people trying to impose their beliefs on others whether we like it or not.

BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 12:48 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I feel that religious differences go hand and hand with war: think 9/11.

That's a relatively recent development. Prior to Theodosius, religion had nothing to do with war - most conquerors even let the people they invaded keep practicing whatever they did before being invaded. Originally, every tribe and every civilization had its own religion, and spiritually, everyone got along just fine. If they fought, it was over territory and trade, not my god can beat up your god.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:48 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

Universalist Reconstructionist Heathen
    NotPanicking

• No, I think God wants people to choose their path on their own free will, that is why we have it.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:49 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Why would anyone want to force their beliefs on anybody else? Jesus didn't. God gave everyone free will to make your own decision to serve him or not.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 12:58 AM on Mar. 17, 2009