Did you hear they are trying to make waxing genitals in salons illegal? They say it was never really legal... whats your opinion on the situation?

I say, if a woman or man wants to inflict that much pain on themselves and the professional is more than willing to do it why not let them be and get it done whenever they want? Its hair for crying out loud

LuvsDanika

Asked by LuvsDanika at 12:32 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I think the lawmakers are nosy and bored and jealous that they cannot peak, lol
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:38 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• wtf? why? the woman is making the choice... it's her body.... thats dumb... i want to go get mine but im scared lol
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:34 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• it only hurts the first couple times, and by the end your numb anyways :-D
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 12:35 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• yeah well i wonder how many women on that board get it done themselves. I doubt it will be passed
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 12:41 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I've never heard of that and don't believe it for that matter. Hair removal has been going on for quite a long time.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:08 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• you would have to post me a link proving that it is being made illegal for me to buy that.

However if you know what you are doing, you can do it at home with kits anyways. Not that big of a deal.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:21 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/video?id=6709028 BELIEVE IT
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 1:21 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• the state board of cosmetology is the one considering to ban it
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 1:22 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• oww... i dunno if i could it myself...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:40 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• What is probably making it illegal is that the shops are not licensed to do waxing or they are not doing it cleanly. There was a crackdown of local salons here reusing nail files and such without sanitizing them with the machine that I can't think of the name right now....
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:04 AM on Mar. 17, 2009