Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son is adhd and on meds. but i dont like , well am uncomfortable with his psychiatrist. she seems real cold and mean almost I am looking for a doctor good and kind good with children here in long beach ca or near itthanksand god bless.

Answer Question

Asked by christiluvs at 12:48 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Kids' Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

  • ask your primary care doc for another referral. i would.

    Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:54 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

  • Wait, you have a child that sees a Psychiatrist? I think you should be seeing one. Get that kid off the drugs, change his diet and be a better parent. It's not hard... It just takes work. Seriously, they are not born perfect, you have to know how to train them to be. You need to use discipline and stop medicating the kid. Good God this is why we have drug addicts. Seriously....

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

  • Sorry, but the posteres are not helping you. YOU are doing the right thing by getting your child help. TTHey must not have a kid with ADD/ADHD, I do and trust me it takes a hell of a lot more than hard work and discipline. They cannot be trained, they are not dogs. They will not become drug addicts. My son is on meds and is doing great, he can concentrate in school, do his work, and gets in a lot less trouble because he isn't as impulsive when he doesn't get the meds. His grades went from D's and F's to him being on the Honor Roll. He feels better about himself because he isn't in trouble all the time. FInd a different Psychiatrist and find out if your child's meds need to be adjusted. If you would like, PM me and we can talk more. I have been there done that with regards to how others try and tell me what is best for my kid and make me feel bad for doing what I feel is right.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:56 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

  • I'm betting the first two anons don't have kids with a diagnosis. How lovely that those with NO FREAKIN' CLUE can give such wonderful advice. (to be read dripping with sarcasm)

    I would definitely seek another opinion regarding his meds since you don't have trust in the psychiatrist. There has to be trust between a parent and the specialist treating a child! Otherwise...everyone is going to end up miserable.

    I hope you can find one quickly. As the pediatrician for a referral...maybe even check with your insurance company!

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.